Monday, May 6, 2013

Trying to 'just be' with the Lumineers.

This weekend was spent prepping for the new garage/studio that will hopefully house my press by early September. Friday night however, we did get out to see the Lumineers in concert at the Sound Academy at Polson Pier. When tickets went on sale i wasn't too thrilled about the venue (as i'm sure many of you can relate with the not so good sound quality) but its The Lumineers so it didn't really matter. They were great. As expected. The crowd however was not so great. I'm either getting too old or the all ages shows are not a good place to be. I shouldn't blame it solely on the under 18 but i didn't understand why many audience members were there. So many people were having completely separate conversations loudly all around us and others were too buy texting or taking video and images of their friends to even see the show. This was a stark contrast to the band's wise words. I know we all experience these things differently but it took away from the amazing experience i was hoping for. The lead singer Wesley Schultz agreed with me when he they began their overplayed yet classic HO Hey he actually asked the audience to put away their phones and 'just be there with him'. My sentiments exactly. Are my concert going days over? Maybe i should have had a few more $8 tall boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment